Sonntag, 6. April 2014

So.. I'd like to talk about the really strange town structure here. Where does Thornton end and Northglenn start? I have no idea. I didn't even realise we really were in Denver until we got out of the bus. Every street kind of looks the same to me, okay that has to do with the fact that I'm not familiar with them but still, after going the same way for five times I still fail to remember it.
The huge streets also still slightly confuse me and I have no idea how someone would go shopping for groceries without a car. It might also explain why people get their driver's licenses sooner, you just can't get anywhere without driving.
I also can't find anything like a town's centre with shops mostly at one place, they are just scattered along the streets unless there is a mall or something.
I don't know what to think of all that, I'd have to live here for a longer time to really have an opinion.
But generally, everything in the U.S. just seems bigger.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen