Freitag, 4. April 2014

First, I'm going to talk about what life here usually is like. We get up at 5:30 to get to the mormon bible study thing on time (which is actually quite nice), then school: history, english, calculus, jazz band, homeroom lesson for the germans, free period and newspaper. (not in that order)
In newspaper I actually manage not to think about sleeping.
People are really really awesome, the whole atmosphere at school is quite friendly, everyone says hello and introduces themselves, it's just SO different from germany. I wish I could remember all their names and faces but .. sorry guys.
It's interesting to look at how the teachers work. Their voices are like super excited and motivated but the outcome is still just boredom. It might be because I don't understand their topics and don't really have to work and get grades, it's just my first impression.
When I walk around in the hallways .. I try to remember posters and paintings and door signs so I'll somehow find my way to the library or the room I just left. I guess I'm just going to avoid leaving any classroom without my host sister.
The water tastes like chlorine really badly. And the smell coming from the cafeteria makes me think of dirt cooked in a pan. Sorry about that.
I also really like the different types of people at school, their clothing, their hairstyles, it's all just more individual. They don't look like their parents dressed them up. Which happens often in germany.
Also, you're lost without a phone. They're everywhere, any time, any place and noone really complains. I don't know what to think of it but I like the new possibilities.
Today a girl I'd never seen before said hello to me and I said hello back because I was scared that I actually met her and just don't remember it anymore.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen